Hey everyone! How's everything going? I hope everyone is staying warm, the weather here definitely isn't too great right now :)
Elder Halling
This week we were actually greeted by another red dot day, stuck inside all day just playing board games and cooking food. Red dot days drive me insane! The easiest way to get homesick or discouraged is to stop working, and on red dot days, you don't work at all! So needless to say I'm not a fan of them at all.
| Elder Welker ..... Red Dot Day!! |
This week was incredible as far as progression of our people we're working with! We had 2 of the less actives we're working with come to church, and when I say less active I mean like they don't ever come to church. Ever. But we visited them and committed them to come to church and had bomb lessons and they both came. We were so so stoked!
Before I reveal the big news from this week I've gotta share some stories.
This guy is the most haitian guy I've ever met, and I don't think he speaks any english.
Guy: What's your favorite food?!
Us: We love rice and beans, plantains, anything!
Guy: Okay, do you guys know a lot of haitian food?
Us: Yes of course. What's your favorite food?
Guy: "Double cheeseburger. Diet coke."
Us: Hahaha!
Pretty funny because about 90% of Haitians can't stand american food, they love their rice beans and chicken!
| When you're cool, it's always summer! |
This week we had so many members come out with us it was unreal! We even had the bishop out with us for a few hours on saturday. Our mission president promised that if we take a member to every lesson then we will see success. I know for a fact that's true! We've had so much progression this week!
Here we go, next funny story
So there are 2 older ladies in our ward, that basically define the phrase "Haitian Grandma" and it's impossible to leave their house without them giving us some sort of food. When we had the bishop out with us, we visited these two and we thought we'd just make sure they're doing okay (they have a hard time getting around). So she gave us some water, and we were just chilling and talking and she snuck out of the room for a minute. We wrapped up after a minute and tried to leave but Alourde wouldn't let us!! No not yet! You didn't pray with me. Okay. We prayed 5 minutes ago! No go bless this room, so we did, no now bless this room, and then after a little bit of time a pizza delivery guy shows up at the house and it turns out she ordered a huge dinner for us while she was gone! She's so nice. I really wish every old lady in the church was like these two, so thoughtful and loving!
T-texts this week. Luckily I'm not being transferred! Have another six weeks with Elder Davey here in the Boston East zone!
| Elder Davey and his snow sculpture. |
So now for the exciting news from yesterday actually, we had a lesson planned for our investigators Babout and Selann about the Plan of Salvation, it was decked out full of awesome scriptures, personal stories and everything. We were stoked to go teach it, we even had a member come with us. But as soon as we got into the lesson the spirit directed Elder Davey and I otherwise. We completely scrapped the entire lesson plan and instead whipped out Alma 32 and talked all about faith. We didn't really know where we were going with it, but it just felt right. We talked about how we just need to plant the seed of faith in our hearts and it will grow. The spirit was just so strong and we invited both Babout and Selann to be baptized and they both accepted. We set a date of March 16th and we're going to work on progressing towards that date.
Extremely exciting week and let me tell you, when someone accepts a baptismal invitation there is no better feeling that I've ever had in my entire life. I know for a fact that the lord's helping me through this little by little and that this is his work! I'm loving it being here in Boston and I appreciate all of the letters I get from people back home.
Love you all so much, have a great week!
Elder Halling
No comments:
Post a Comment