Hey everyone!
Not too too much has changed since last week, and so I'm sorry if this email isn't the most exciting!
We had another red dot day this week, we got stuck inside again. These crazy storms are killing me, and the work! Haha. We had 2 lessons scheduled this week with our investigators with a baptism date, and they both had to be cancelled due to the weather. Let me just say that being stuck inside with hardly any food and nothing to do but study and play card games....it's no fun.
 |
| The fort we made on red dot day! |
 |
| Elder Welker chillin' inside our fort. |
We have another investigator that we invited to be baptized, she's the daughter of a less active we helped reactivate recently. She's 8 years old, but we're still really excited about it. There hasn't been a baptism in the Haitian program in a while, I believe that September was the last one. I love it here, but sometimes it's easy to get discouraged, it's very easy to stop by and see people but people won't actually do anything. From what it sounds like, I'm not going to have too many baptisms in my mission, if any at all. But, that's what I've got to work with, and so I'm just going to work my tail off and trust in the lord here.
So we've been doing a lot of working with less actives recently, and we actually just set up a google spreadsheet that helps show us who is active and who isn't. We're really excited about it, we're currently sifting through all of the people we don't know and finding if addresses and phone numbers are current, but hey little bit by little bit!
The best day of this week was easily Sunday. We had an incredible day! We had an investigator named Wendy come to church and he brought his 2 little kids, they all LOVED it. The only problem is that he lives in Framingham, which is about a 45 minute to 1 hour drive from here in Roslindale. So he told us he'd love to come every week, but some weeks it might not be possible. But hey! That's better than we've had in a while! After that, we finally got the home teaching list from the priesthood president (so we can help get the home/visiting teaching percentage up), the Lamy's had us over for an incredible dinner as usual, and yeah! It was just a really really good day.
I think that's about it for this week, you guys are great! If you have some spare time, I'd love to get a letter from anyone reading this!
Have a great week
Elder Halling
No comments:
Post a Comment