Monday, March 3, 2014

Bonswa tout moun!!

Bonswa! Kijan nou ye? Sa fe lontan depi m pat ekri... 

What's going on everyone! So sorry about not being able to write last week! 

Basically this week has been much better than last week, so it' probably good that you didn't hear from me :)
Thats a lot of snow!
Fire hydrant!!

It's been so cold here. I don't ever think I've been so cold in my life!

The highlights from this past week were that we picked up a new investigator, named Emmanuel. Everyone in his family is already a member, and even he has come to church every Sunday for the last 10 years! What?! We just had no idea that he wasn't a member. The only bummer is that he doesn't go to church in the Haitian Ward, but in Brockton instead. But that's okay. We had a lesson with him, and he was like "Well, I guess I should proabably figure out if this church is true or not. I'm going to pray about the book of mormon and study it. If all goes well, I want to get baptized with my daughter (Who's turning 8) in June." WHAT. ARE YOU SERIOUS?! Man, and this guy has been taught before too, he just wasn't ready yet. 

Sometimes missionaries are called on their missions to baptize, sometimes others are called to pave the way, open new paths and break the ice with new ideas, investigators, and finding/teaching methods. 

I think I've come to accept that I'm probably one of the ice breaker types. I haven't seen too much success by way of numbers of converts, but I'm working harder than I ever have before. I think that's all the "success" that I need. 

The other highlight this week was having zone conference, it was a good time! I got to see Elder Bourdeau again too! Basically zone conference was just a huge discussion on how we can more effectively find people and use our time wisely when we're not teaching or don't have lessons. It was super incredible! Really helped me understand a lot, and we're starting to see more and more happen by applying these ideas of Presidents. Speaking of President Packard, he's easily the most spiritual man I know. He gave a talk on the poetry in the book of mormon, completely broke down King Benjamin's farewell speech (at the beginning of Mosiah) and showed how it's essentially flawless when combined with other farewell speeches throughout history. It really put it into perspective on how there is no way that a 19 year old could have just written the book! 

Other than that, everything is just great! Our investigators are all making good progress, especially Babout & Selann, they're still up for their baptismal date. Selann's foot is just not getting any better, so they haven't been able to come to church. One of Elder Welker and Elder Coulson's investigators came one time, knows its true, wants to be baptized on easter and is considering naming his son (wife is pregnant) after joseph smith.... Crazy people!
RANDOM!!

Hmmmmm.....

This house is getting forclosed on so the owners were doing everything to keep the bank away!!

Hope all is well back home, that's about it for this week! 

Elder Halling

No comments:

Post a Comment