Monday, March 24, 2014

Well, I'm sticking around in Boston for another transfer!


Hey everyone! I hope you've all had a good week.

Like the title says, this week is transfer week and I am needed for another week here in Boston. Pretty exciting! I'm officially Elder Ginnetts trainer, which is sweet because I'm the 2nd youngest in the Haitian program, and he's now the youngest. Pretty cool opportunity, I've already learned a lot from training myself! 

Sadly though, my companion Elder Davey, is being transferred to Situate, Rhode Island to be a zone leader. Cool opportunity for him to lead a zone, but he's sad that he won't be speaking creole anymore. 

This week was great, we had a lot of progression from our investigators. Silan is finally out of the hospital, her leg is still super swollen though and she can't walk. We gave her another blessing because we found out last time she gave us the wrong name? We don't really know. We just gave her another one. She said she's still good to be baptized when she can actually come to church though! 

Emmanuel, we had a good lesson with him. He still wants to be baptized, but he wasn't having the date of April 20th (who doesn't want to get baptized on Easter?!) so he said he'd talk to his family about another date and get back to us. So we'll see him again tomorrow, as long as he keeps progressing I'm good with whatever! 

Yesterday, sunday, was stake conference! It was sweet, the entire stake center was so filled! They had a haitian broadcast set up in the relief society room, so we got to go hang out in there and get spiritually fed in creole! I also got to see Elder Bourdeau again yesterday too, he's doing really really well. Elder Davey got a chance to translate one last time, for President Packard himself. Pretty crazy, he's such a powerful speaker. It would be hard to translate for him though, he uses huge words in english that I don't even understand in my own native language! Elder Davey killed it though. 
Kids from my ward!!

How cute is he???

Myself and Elder Bourdeau

Another good thing is that the weather is finally warming up here too, we've had a couple of days in the 50's and they are just heaven! Can't wait to see Boston all green and everything, I got here right as everything had finished changing colors and started to fall of the trees. We've been running to go play soccer in the mornings now, because we have a super nice soccer field right next to our house! I'm terrible at soccer, but it's such a good time. I'm way lucky all of the people in my zone are legit!

Anyways, that's about it for this week. Just going hard in the work, staying super busy as usual.

Hope all is well wherever you all are!

Elder Halling

No comments:

Post a Comment