Sunday, April 6, 2014

Elder Davey is gone!


Hey everyone! I hope your week was awesome, everything is great here on the East coast. 

Well first off, the weather is finally getting better. We've been lingering at around 40-50 degrees every day, and we've been LOVING it!! It's been raining a bunch, like for the past 3 days straight nonstop. But it's all good, a little umbrella action and you're good to go! Luckily we've got some sweet missionaries here to help our people out when their houses flood. :)

This week was transfers, and sadly Elder Davey is now Zone Leadering it up in Situate, RI. Sad stuff, I miss that guy so much! But elder ginnett and I have been having a good time too. Transfer weeks are kind of strange, because you need to get everything packed up and then on wednesday the actual transfers happen. So it basically wrecks the entire week as far as numbers go, but we still passed by to see a bunch of people.

There's a pretty cool thing that we're starting in our area this week, basically almost every other day we'll be going on exchanges with the other haitian elders in our apartment in an effort to get all 4 missionaries to know all 24+ investigators in our area. Previously it was just like, we knew our investigators, they knew theirs, that's it. But now, we'll alll be able to find the needs of all 24 investigators, so we can all come up with plans to help them progress, together!

I am really loving it out here. 

Today we're going to head up to cambridge mall, go check that out. I'm pretty excited. Oh, and also, we actually have food in our fridge now too! We bought so much groceries this week. Last week, we didn't have enough money to go grocery shopping, and we thought we could make it. Boy, were we wrong. Saturday for lunch I literally ate a piece of ham, and the night before for dinner I ate a hot dog, a piece of bread and some popcorn! It was crazy! Haha. But now we got the money for april and we're good to go on food!! 

My companion and I actually also bought RedSox tickets, for the April 21st game at 11:05am! It's pretty sweet! It's on the 1 year mark of the bombing (boston strong) and then right after the game finishes we'll walk out of Fenway to the finish line of the marathon for this year!

Anyways, have a good week! Sorry this email was so scatter brained. I'm currently to that point where I'm so stressed I can't think. That's missionary life I guess!

Elder Halling

No comments:

Post a Comment