Monday, April 28, 2014

Not the Best Week, Not the Worst Week

Hey everyone! This week was kind of bad weather, so I don't think it'll be the most interesting email. So I apologize in advance.

We had a lot of appointments cancel this week, for some odd reason whenever it rains all of the Haitians legitimately disappear. We don't really know how it happens, or where they go. But they aren't home and they don't answer their phones... haha. So we had a lot of appointments drop this week but I'll give you some of the highlights.

While searching for lost sheep on the ward list we found a man named Irving, he's a 60-70 year old guy that said he'd be down with hearing our message. He is such a funny dude, he was going off on all sorts of crazy tangents and we're about 75% sure that he was drunk too. So it was a really funny lesson, but we've got a new investigator so we're gonna see where it goes. 

We also had a pretty cool experience this week, the Book of Mormon musical has been touring and for the past few weeks they've been here in Boston. So our zone has taken turns going to the musical as they're letting people in and handing out copies of the book of mormons to people in like. Some companionships have handed out over 80 copies book of mormons in about 10 minutes. Really cool, the play does mock our church and religion in general, but perhaps someone will be interested. We handed out about 40 copies in about 10 minutes the night we went this past week. Really sweet!

Other than that, we had the mission presidency here at our ward for Sunday, they took over the 3 meetings. It was really cool, they really talked about things the ward leaders needed to hear. I got the awesome opportunity to translate for President Packard's talk in sacrament meeting, and I felt really good about it. The bishop came up to me and told me that my creole is great and that I have the accent down, he said he thought it was a Haitian talking behind him! I'm not trying to toot my own horn, I'm just really excited. :) 

We also had an awesome interview with the bishop yesterday, we talked to him about how we can help him with the ward more. We have a bunch of ideas that we're going to work on now, we're all really stoked. 

Anyways, have a fantastic week!
A' la pwochèn.

Elder AJ Halling
391 Hyde Park Ave #109
Roslindale, MA
012131

No comments:

Post a Comment