Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Go Sox!!

What's up everybody! I hope you all had a great week, I sure did!!!

Let's give a little recap as to what happened. 

Last monday, it was in the 70s and we got permission to go to the beach. We had the entire zone there and we played beach soccer for a good couple of hours. It was SWEET! I think soccer is starting to grow on me, it's pretty fun.

For the rest of the week, we had a pretty severe case of the "poto". Had lots of appointments drop, people cancel, and things like that. This upcoming week looks super jam packed though, which we're stoked about. 

We visited a lot of members this week, due to the fact we couldn't find a lot of our investigators... haha. But we had about 8 member lessons this week, and we're really happy about it. I think we're gonna try to start strengthening the ward a ton in the upcoming transfers. We'll see what happens.

We also got the ground work laid out for an English as a second language class, and also a scripture study class for anyone who'd like to come. We're really looking forward to getting this projects off of the ground, it'll be a way to strengthen the ward but also have a lot of opportunities to find new investigators/people that are interested. 

Surprisingly enough, we didn't have many investigator lessons...but church on Easter Sunday was SO SUCCESSFUL. We had a solid 15 non-members there (2 of which were actually investigators) and 16 less-actives. We were so excited, we all had a really good time. We also got to sing with the choir again, it was a little crazy but we had a good time. I also had one of the sisters in the ward ask if I'd sing with her in front of the congregation sometime in the upcoming weeks, so we'll see how this goes... haha (for those who don't know, I can't sing at all) 

Today, we had the opportunity to wake up and go to a temple session at the Boston temple. It was awesome! I really enjoyed it this time, they say that every time you go to the temple you can learn something new. I have definitely found that to be true. 

After the temple, we rushed to the train station to get to Fenway park to catch a RedSox game. There were SO MANY PEOPLE at the train station that we couldn't even board a train, so we ended up just walking. We got to the game at the end of the 2nd inning, it turned out to be just fine though. The Sox ended up losing to the Orioles 6-7, it was a real nail biter of a game. The sox just lost their game in the 3rd inning and the Oriles ended up scoring 6 times in that same inning! Ridiculous. So it was sad, but we had an awesome time. Fenway is so sick. We also caught some of the Boston marathon, it was super sweet. The security isn't messing around at all this year, which is good. They required every single bag to be searched and tagged while anyone was in the area of the marathon. It looked like there were tons of people running, I think i'll probably never be able to run 26.2 miles... haha







Anyways, this week is gonna be so sweet. Love you all.

--
Elder AJ Halling
391 Hyde Park Ave #109
Roslindale, MA
012131

No comments:

Post a Comment