I'm not going to go through and list everything I did every day of the week this week, but i'll try and still fill you in!
First off let's start off with a great story that happened last night. So I let my district know that I sleepwalk and sleep talk quite often, and that I'll probably give them a few good stories to tell. Oh and this might accurately describe how much language we study here in the MTC.
So Elder Trockle and Elder Casper have trouble sleeping at night, well, at least falling asleep. So usually that's a pain but last night it was a blessing...haha
(This was all told to me as I woke up in the morning)
So it's about 12:30am and they said that I started to sleep talk and it got pretty awesome in a matter of minutes, this is all me talking in my sleep:
"Yeah, the microwave in Hawaii....You just put it in. It's still the same."
...
"Let me know if you need me to share a scripture, and I will do so."
...
"M vle pataje temwayaj mwen. M rekonesan pou jodia e pou expiasion jezikri. Nou mande ou pou beni aprann kreyol. " - ....I legitmately spoke creole in my sleep.
(In english: I want to share my testimony, I'm thankful for this day and for Jesus Christ's Atonement, we ask thee to bless us with learning creole. So yeah, that didn't really make any sense. But hey, I was asleep!)
...
*fumbling over words*
...
"Man, haha. I'm way sorry. I'm so tried. Maybe it'd help if the lights weren't off."
"Well, Goodnight!!"
They told me about this when I woke up in the morning and I had no memory of saying any of that. Hahaha pretty hilarious.
| The Gang!! |
So this week we had what's called TRC, Training Resource Center. And basically they have members that served haitian creole speaking missionaries come to the MTC and let us teach them as themselves. It was super cool, one guy we taught served his mission in Haiti, and he was super fun to talk to. I'm surprised at how much of what he said I could actually understand and respond to. The gift of tongues, am I right? Crazy. So then we went to the second member, guess where he served? None other than the Boston, Massachusetts Haitian Creole speaking mission!! I talked to him for a bit about his mission. He said he loved it and there're so many Haitians in Boston it's not even funny. He said that there's a very good chance I'll never even have an English speaking transfer my entire mission. I AM SO STOKED!!!!
| AJ's companions REALLY love each other!! |
So I finally ran into some more people I knew this week! I ran into Gabby Burke, Chris Rowe and Anthony Ennis! They're all doing great, I believe Chris actually leaves today or tomorrow. Chris and Gabby both are on West campus so that's why I never saw them..
| AJ and Elder Chris Rowe. Both are from the Harvest Park 2nd ward!! Chris left today for Ohio. |
General conference was great this weekend, lots of incredible talks. I really loved all of the talks during the Sunday morning session, lots of things I needed to hear. I've found here at the MTC that I really am not a big fan of rules. And as most know, there's a million and a half rules here at the MTC. I'm mostly just going insane about not being able to write throughout the week and living without music. Ah, I'll get over it.
| Cereal ..... AJ's best friend in the MTC!!!! |
Thanks again to all the wonderful people that wrote me, I got so many letters this week! Oh and another incredible food package from my mom, so delicious. We just come home from our days work and snack for a solid 45 minutes and then go to bed. It rules, especially because we eat dinner at 4pm and we're starving!
Other than that our investigators that we're teaching are progressing pretty well and I got to witness a crazy Elder from France knight a bunch of people with a zucchini in the hallway of our residence, I'm thankful for that without a doubt. So spiritual.
M renmen ou e lavi mwen anpil bon. M ap pale avek nou semen pwochen.
Thanks for everything!!
Elder Halling
No comments:
Post a Comment