Well like the title says, I'm past the 1 month mark! I can do 23 more of those, right? Haha. Well this was a very eventful week so I'll just jump right in.
Well this week we focused a lot on teaching, specifically teaching with a member present. That was pretty awesome, they grabbed one of the french teachers to help jump in and add some comments to our lessons with our investigators. I hope there's just some super awesome lds haitians in boston that'll come testify of jesus with my companion and I. That'd be the best! ha.
| Bunch of crazy dudes from our zone! |
Last sunday I had the awesome opportunity to sing in a missionary choir for a broadcast that was broadcasted to all of the MTC's in the world! I made it on camera for a sec, but the cool thing was is that we got the chance to hear from Dallin H. Oakes from the quorum of the 12. His talk was amazing, he's such a great speaker. I love talks that just testify of how awesome missionary work is, much more than those where they grill you on areas most of us could improve on! The spirit here is just insane, so great.
| From left to right: Elder Ehlert (who looks and acts just like Braiden Wilder), myself and Elder MacBeth - two awesome dudes!! |
Here's a wonderfully upsetting story from this week: One of the kids in the French zone next to ours, his mom sent him a box full of halloween decorations. So they brought those decorations to their classroom and asked their teacher if it would be okay if they could decorate. He said it was fine and so they did, it was awesome! The decorations were up for about a week when one of the leaders of the building we're in came in and said he'd like to talk with a few of the districts for a second, basically he starts reading out of the missionary handbook and basically relates everything back to being obedient and explains in a super beat around the bush way of saying that taking the decorations down would make us all come closer to Christ....For reals? He couldn't have just asked us to take them down...? Whatevs. Some people are really uptight around here, and as I'm sure most of you know I love to joke with everyone I meet... Haha.
| Elder Trockel attempting to sleep against the wall. |
This week my companions (Elder Trockel and Slade) and I had the opportunity to demonstrate the "How To Begin Teaching" section of Preach My Gospel, we were recommended by our teachers as some of the missionaries that are really good at doing that in the first lesson. That was pretty awesome to find out! Basically it was on wednesday and they had us teach an investigator (in English) in front of all of the new missionaries that came in earlier that day. We basically would show them how you properly begin teaching and then let them take over. Super exciting and very spiritual! Oh, PS mom, I'm hosting this week. :)
Travel Plans!!! On thursday night our travel plans all arrived! I'm leaving a day later than my district, and Elder Slade actually leaves a full week after the rest of us.
Here's my travel plans:
Delta Airlines Flight 1210 Departing Salt Lake International at 9:41 AM on October 29 - Direct flight to the Boston, Massachusetts landing at 4:19pm.
I'm way stoked about that! Everyone but me has some layover they need to deal with but I'm flying direct!! I met the other two missionaries going to Boston with me earlier in my stay here at the MTC, There's Sister Cope and Elder MacJanet who are both going Portugese speaking in boston. Sister Cope is our travel leader and we'll be a companionship trio for the travel! I can't wait!!!
| Travel Plans!! |
Some funny stories, elder Casper's mom sent us some Ghost Pepper salsa this week in his package, needless to say there were a few times that we were all running around freaking out about how hot it was. I don't think i've ever eaten anything that spicy in my entire life! We also invented this game called ball-ball... a few kids here have made rubber band balls and two people sit about 15 feet apart and they take turns throwing the ball and trying to land it on the other persons....pants... Whoever isn't throwing the ball can't move or catch the ball before it hits them... It's really funny and it's a good 5 minute breaks from the marathon study sessions.
| I'm no longer the tall one around here ... Elder Soll (left) is from BC, Canada and Elder Shalk (right ....6'7" is from Germany. They both rule!! |
This week we set some district goals to just finish strong at our last week here in the MTC. We're going to do the best we can in everything this week and just work our tails off. Earlier today we decided to do sealings at the temple, it was an awesome experience!! Really brought me back to when we were sealed with Braxton and Trey. Awesome times, I love the temple so much! Last night, after the devotional we decided to watch a movie about Joseph Smith called "Legacy". We heard it was really good, so we went expecting an awesome movie...turns out they played us the old and really outdated one, the acting was terrible and literally everyone in the theater place was busting a gut. I haven't laughed that hard since ive been here! Hilarious!!!
| Elder Jansen, one of my best friends in my zone! He's from Denmark!! |
Mom/Dad thank you so much for the ties you sent and for that AWESOME Utes hoodie. I needed one of those! One can't possibly represent the U enough here. Other than that I didn't get any letters this week, so if you have some spare time I'd love to hear from everyone. I can still get the free Dear Elders for one more week! I'm unit 40.
| Elder Rodriguez and I being "Gangsta". |
I was glad to have received an email from mom saying that everything went well in Haiti this week, other than the issues with the gang at the clinic that one day... that's scary! I was missing Haiti so much this week. That October 2015 trip is going to be incredible. I feel like with the little creole I actually do know Haiti would already be so much more incredible!!
| How did he do that??? |
That's about it this week! M renmen ou anpil anpil, e m panse konsenan ou toujou. Sivouple voye mwen plis lèt, map renmen sa. Toujou sonje JeziKri renmen tout moun e avèk Bondye nou ka fè nempot bagay.
-Eldè Halling
No comments:
Post a Comment