Monday, October 14, 2013

Week #4 in the MTC!!

Bonswa tout moun! 

I hope you are all doing well, because I'm fantastic!! This week was SO much better than last week. First off, thank you so much mom for the package! We literally have more food than we know what to do with!! Thank you for all the letters I received this week, I really appreciate them!

Well I definitely am consistently talking in my sleep in creole now. I actually gave a lesson on the atonement the other night. I usually sleep talk when I'm stressed out, which is pretty much always here in the MTC. So whenever I wake up in the morning my district always tells me of stuff that I said that night. I guess I'm just a light sleeper. Hahaha! Oh! And I scared the heck out of Elder Trockle, while sleepwalking I followed him to the bathroom hugging my pillow at about 3am. I woke up and had not a clue as to what was going on... 
Elder Rodriguez and I



So earlier this week I saw a missionary that was super dark, he just had to be a Haitian. I caught him walking out of lunch and I asked him where he was from, and in the accent that I love so so so much he said "Oh, I'm from Haiti!" I immediately started speaking creole to him, and he asked me where I learned! I explained that I was going to Boston speaking Haitian creole and he got way excited! I guess he's going to Florida, English speaking. I talked with him in 100% creole for a solid 15 minutes. It was my favorite thing of all time this week.
Our whole zone!!
 

So one of my teachers, Frè (Ti) Nelson, taught us about how we were probably called to serve our missions in heaven, before we were born, and we told all of our friends that weren't going to be born into the Gospel that we would find them and convert them. That is really interesting to think about, because I knew that the first time I was in Haiti I had such a strong love for these people, and I know without a doubt that I'm serving a mission that's right for me. I get to go bring all of my Haitian friends back into the gospel!! 
Saying goodbye to the coolest French Elders EVER!!


We had TRC again this week, and I got so excited because they told us that we'd be teaching native Haitians, how cool would that be? Sadly, we got to TRC and they assigned the Haitians to speak french that week (I guess they're fluent in that as well) so that was a bummer, they told us they'd try to get them for us next week. I sure hope they do!! But we taught one of the same guys as last week, that lesson went fine. But then the next lesson we taught a sister that served her mission in Haiti! (Cind is gonna love this part) I told her about how I have been to Haiti and she got way excited! We talked for a long time about all the details of my trips and she told us she actually served part of her mission where Carries is. She got the website for My Aid for Haiti from me and said she might contact Cindy! She was super cool. After that we only had about 5 minutes for our lesson, but that went great as well. TRC is probably my favorite thing here at the MTC.
Elder Lipscomb and Elder Roberts .... both from Riverton!!


So this week was a lot more lessons with Ruby and Samson, our investigators. Here's a pretty awesome story of what happened in Samson's lesson: I got in there, and just felt super comfortable. I was planning on talking about the plan of salvation but I got an amazingly strong impression that I just needed to ask him what was most important to him in his life. It took me a little bit at first, but once I got the question out everything changed. I bore my testimony to him and invited him to be baptised... HE ACCEPTED!! (Now, I know it's not a real investigator but it was still an incredible feeling, he gave us feedback afterwards and really thanked us for the message we shared and the spirit that accompanied it.) 
Surpise selfie attack!!

Well before I am done, here's a hilarious story from my friend Elder Pedro Rodriguez. He's from Spain and he's learning French, so his English isn't super good...and he doesn't quite know what swear words are in English... or just anything about American culture.. so here we go.

It's the Sunday night devotional, you know all of the missionaries are packed into one room to watch some speaker for an hour, it's packed full. Rodriguez sits next to Elder Casper and I and about 5 minutes into the meeting someone rips a stinky one... Rodriguez starts freaking out, and then he asks Elder Casper "Are you fart, man?" (he meant did you fart) Casper says that he Didn't, and then Rodriguez proceeds to lean his head down, and smell Elder Caspers...erm...pants... and he throws his head back up, and not quietly at all he says "DUDE CLEAN YOUR A**" Right in the middle of the devotional.... We all were trying SO HARD not to die laughing out loud. Elder Casper, Ashby and I were all literally crying from laughter. We later explained to him that the "A Word" Isn't appropriate here in America and he felt way bad. But it's still such a funny story. 
Elder Ashby looking supes hawt!!


I love you all so much, thanks for everything!

M ap pale avèk nou pita!!

Gen yon bon sèmans e map ekri semen pwochen. 

Elder Halling

No comments:

Post a Comment