Saturday, November 2, 2013

Saying good-bye to the MTC!!

Demen maten, m bezwen ale a biwo vwyaj la e map vwyaje a Boston! M tre kontan pou sa, e m pa kapab tann. 

5 Bucks to whoever can tell me what that says! PS: Google translate probably won't translate it correctly. :)
Haitian Creole District!! THE FEW, THE PROUD!!

District love!!


But for reals, I'm out of here tomorrow morning at 4:30am! I then go to the airport and I catch my plane to Boston. This is unreal! Thanks to everyone that's made it possible for me to get this far. And I personally want to thank everyone that sent me a letter this week: Abbey, Mom, Grandma, Cindy and Jentry! (I hope I didn't miss anyone...) You literally answered my prayers. On Monday night I was feeling super down and lonely, like I didn't have anywhere to go or anyone to talk to. So I knelt down and prayed just asking for some way to feel less lonely the next day. I came back from class the following day and found 6 letters waiting for me. I couldn't believe it! I love you all so much. 
Temple nap time .... and Elder Bruno!!

Elder Ashby, Soeur Cherry and I!! Love these two!!



We had an incredible devotional this week by a man named Elder Robbins who I believe was in the quorum of the 70. He talked a ton about all these crazy conversion and reactivation stories and how we need to open our mouth but before that we need to open our eyes and look for ways we can serve people. It just really made me so excited to begin the work!! 
My zone leaders, Elder Baldwin and Elder Bruno.


On Wednesday I finally got the opportunity to be a new missionary host. I only had the time to host 1 kid, he was from Woodscross, UT and he's going to Argentina. I can't for the life of me remember his name though, I'm so bad with names! It was a great experience though, I'm glad I was able to host at least once before I left the MTC. 
My favorite German in the world ... Elder Gossel.

My two favorite people in the zone .... Elder Rodriguez and Soeur Metsatahti!!

We got the opportunity Beach Volleyball! Taking off my shoes and running around barefoot in the sand is quite possibly my favorite thing I've done since I've been here...haha well it's definitely up in the top 10. We played with our district and some other guys in our zone, including Elder Rodriguez. He would always yell "EAT PIZZA" whenever he slammed the ball to our side. It's mostly funny because he doesn't speak English. We had a great time!
Drama!!

Fre Hall and I, love this guy!! Such a great teacher!!


Thursday was In Field Orientation all day, basically they had a bunch of workshops and lessons for us on stuff we'll need to work with in the mission field. It was kind of a review for me, but it helped out in places. They mostly just talked about utilizing faith and caring about your investigators, which is like the 1 thing you couldn't possibly leave the MTC without knowing. Oh well though, haha. It was good.
Elder Baldwin is the best!!


Something unusual this week was that we had a partial P Day on Saturday because 90% of my zone left early this morning (today is Monday) so they needed to have time to write emails and do laundry and all that jazz. Kinda sweet having two P Days in one week if you ask me! Haha. I got a lot of packing done and did my laundry, studied a bit and then we had class later. 
The whole zone!!

Elders for the zone!!


It was really hard to say goodbye to my zone last night and this morning. Never did I ever think that I'd get this close with the people I meet on my mission. Maybe a handful of companions but I literally have made some of the best friends I've ever had while I've been here in the MTC. I now have friends all over the world, from Germany, Denmark, Spain, Italy, Finland, England, you name it. We didn't go to bed really much at all last night, had some good last talks with the Elders in my zone and hung out with Elders Trockel, Ashby, and Casper who left early this morning. It's super lucky that I live really close to Elder Casper, because if he wasn't here with me in the MTC I probably would've gone insane. He's a great guy, especially because he's super chill and is still a person not a spiritual robot of some sort haha, that helps a lot... 
Saying goodbye to Fre ti Nelson our teacher!!


Here's a good funny story from this week: So a guy in my zone's girlfriend sent him the lyrics to Disney's "I'll make a man out of you" from Mulan and he went to the copy room and got 6 copies and had them all laminated. Well, there're 6 showers on our floor and there all right next to each other.... He handed out a copy to everyone taking a shower before heading to bed and we were all in there just absolutely BELTING out the song. Then about halfway through some guy from another zone comes into the bathroom and just gets SO MAD at us... We all quiet down for a sec and then we busted up laughing and continued singing. I love my zone, they rule. Haha!
Goodbye to Fre wo Nelson our teacher!!

Well that's about it for this week! I have a ton of pictures to send, so hopefully I can send them all!! Mom and Dad, I'll call you tomorrow! Can't wait!!

M' renmen tout nou e m' espere kè nou ap gen yon bon semenn! Fanmi mwen, map rele ou demen maten. M tre kontan pou sa, men dezole ou bezwen pale avèk mwen pi boner nan maten an! 

Tout jounenn, Chak jou (all day, every day)

N'a wè!

Eldè AJ Halling

No comments:

Post a Comment