Monday, November 25, 2013

Roaches=New Apartment!!!

So basically, from what I hear every other week is a good week. So since last week was incredible, this week was going to be not so good. Which was true. But hey! It was still a good week. No complaints here!

So this week, my companion, Elder DeWeese was transferred to Cambridge and so we spent a lot of this week getting him packed up and also getting our apartment situation figured out. But here's the good news, we officially are moving into a new apartment that is just down the street like a block or so! It is bigger, has and upstairs and a downstairs, 2 bedrooms, 1 and a half baths, and FREE LAUNDRY! We've been needing to pay an arm and a leg for laundry at a laundromat. So basically we're really excited and I believe that we're moving in on either Monday the 2nd or Tuesday the 3rd of December. I can't wait to get away from this apartment! The roaches can have it now.
Its that HOT!!



Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday morning this week I was at the mission home in West Roxburry! I guess myself, and the two others I came here with arrived off transfer and so we came back to meet up with all of the brand new missionaries and then we had some training from President, his wife and the AP's (Assistant to the Presdient) it was awesome! I learned a ton, and then I met back up with my trainer, Elder Giordano.
THE TEMPLE!!!


Elder Giordano, let me tell you about this guy. You know the phrase "one of a kind" that is really the only way to describe Giordano. He's such a funny guy, we don't even miss TV or movies or anything because we have him. I feel bad, because we do give him a hard time sometimes but he's such a good sport. He's been out 15 months, and his creole is very good. He has something that we refer to as "the Italian curse". Basically, if we are at a dinner he will spill on himself. Without question. He has an entire collection of shirts he calls his "sweater collection" because they are stained and he can only wear them with sweaters. But his testimony is really strong and he is such a caring guy, he is always making sure I'm doing okay and lets me know if I'm doing something I shouldn't. He's 21 years old, and he was born 5 weeks premature and due to that, he has trouble balancing. So i'm just being patient with him, because it can be hard for him to get around. He's a really fun companion and we're always laughing. 

Other than that this week we received a referral from a guy in our ward, and we visited the referral and she was really happy to see us! So we taught her the first discussion about the restoration and then at the end she asked us if we could teach her English as well as the discussion. So that is going to be great! Now we'll have her and our other investigator, Smith, to teach English to. But teaching English helps me out on my creole because I learn words an stuff all the time. 

Not the most exciting email, I know. But hey, I'm loving it out here! I really love the ward too, and when people find out that I've been to Haiti they want to know all about it! Yesterday was the Primary program for sacrament meeting and it was awesome. The little kids in the ward are THE BEST. They're just crazy. None of them really speak creole, but it's awesome to talk to them.

I love the kids!!!


Kids from my ward!!

This little dude asked if he could be my brother and then he followed me around for a good hour or so "helping me out"!!

Member's kids with Elder Bordeau!! 

Hope all is well with everyone back home!
Pase yon bon semen.
Elder Halling.

No comments:

Post a Comment