Mom, thank you SO MUCH for the package. Everyone in my apartment was so stoked about all of the food, we missionaries don't really have much money for snacks and stuff! I'm still on the downhill as far as my weight goes, so that may just change now.... whoops. haha!
So this week has been insane because moving an apartment while still trying to carry out the work is not an easy task. But I think as of now we're about 95% moved and about 85% moved in. It's sweet, we actually have a living room and space to hang out in. I'm loving it here, it's been a while since I actually feel like where we're living is home, it's nice.
So when our P day ended last week, we had a couple of cool things happen. When we were in a pizza shop for dinner, a girl saw that I had sewed a Haitian flag onto my bag she started speaking creole to me, and we got her contact information and we're going to set up an appointment soon! Haitians absolutely flip out when they see white guys speaking creole, so that was really fun. And afterwards, we decided to take a different way home and ended up helping a guy change the tires on his car. He's from the DR, and I guess he's a professional tree climber. So that's pretty insane.
Our investigator, Daniela, is progressing really well and we finally saw her this week (everyone is getting sick right now because of the weather) and we've got a little bit more to teach her and I think that we'll be good to get her a baptism date. She always talks about how she wants to live the right way, she's just not ready yet. But that's why we're here! :) She also is one of the best cooks in the entire world. A Haitian food called "griyo" is possibly one of the best foods I've ever had. I don't even know how to explain it, it's just beef but it's incredible. Haitian food RULES.
This week we did some service for the community and for a member (physical service is always my favorite) for the community, we visited a school and helped them organize a bunch of stuff. It's hard being at a school as a missionary because we're not allowed to pick kids up and stuff like that. So you've gotta watch where you step. And we also did some yard work for a sister in the ward. Good times!
Pretty cool thing that happened this week: we got to see a traveling train trolley parade (say that 5 times fast), but basically it was a trolley parade that had a stage and people were going all over singing christmas songs! That's where I met frosty the snowman. It was awesome, even if mattapan still scares me walking around at night. We actually saw some dude just peeing in the street, it's cool. And another dude gave us his speech on freedom and how racism is the worst. I think he might have (definitely) been drunk.
 |
| The trolley parade!! |
 |
| My main man, Frosty!! |
Our investigator, Siren, who we're teaching English to is progressing a ton with her language. She practices every night and you can really tell! I honestly love teaching English lessons because I learn a lot of creole in the process. It's really fun. After Siren's we discovered that we have a Dollar Tree in our area....We went so hard in that store, everything here is so expensive! So we just loaded up on a ton of stuff at the dollar store, I was in heaven!
 |
| Coulson demonstrating cheer for us. |
 |
| Schelsea then teaching how to cheer. |
Yesterday was Bordeau's birthday, so Coulson told the entire ward to embarrass him a little bit... it totally worked. The bishop announced it in sacrament meeting and 4 different people gave him a cake! Really funny, but we had dinner at the Lamy's as usual. Mom & Dad, that's probably where I'll be skyping, the Lamy's house, so be excited because you've gotta meet them. They are the best!!
 |
| The birthday man himself!! |
 |
The cake (after some had been eaten). |
Anyways, that's about it for this week.
Eldé Halling
No comments:
Post a Comment