Thank you so much to all of the people who sent me letters and Christmas cards this week, it was really the best to come home to 3 or 4 different ones every night! They're all hanging up on my window by my desk right now, so I can remember all of you!
| Elder Bourdeau, Se Imene and I. She is one of the coolest Haitians ever. No joke. She has us over for dinner every other Friday and her food is INCREDIBLE. |
So this week we had the mission (okay, well 1/2 of the mission) Christmas party! And do you know what that means? We got to go to the temple!!! I loved it! The Boston temple is incredible, and I can't wait to go back again. But after the temple, we went to lunch at I-Hop as a zone, that was really good. Sometimes I forget what cooked breakfast food tastes like, haha. And then we had a mission musical fireside, it was unreal. There are some seriously talented missionaries here in this mission. They fed us some dinner, and then every zone prepared a skit (a video) to show to the mission. They were hilarious and we had a really good time, and then they brought out presents from everyones parents, and that was really fun as well. Awesome times.
| Our zone on the way to the Christmas party, notice Elder Bourdeau is extremely excited. (hint: he is the only black one!) |
Oh by the way, I just remembered that I hit my 3 month mark this past week, that's pretty awesome! It sure hasn't felt that long.
This week we did some service for an organization called Habitat For Humanity and basically what they do, they have a store full of donated home furnishing items and the profits they make off of those items goes towards helping less fortunate families find and fix up homes. Really awesome, we basically just helped out in the store for the day and moved stuff around, but I really enjoyed it.
| This is Fre Miguel, he's the 2nd counselor of the ward. He's such an awesome guy and he always makes sure I'm doing ok. |
| Simir and I, he's crazy. But we always have a good time at ward activities. |
Later on this week, we did exchanges with our Zone Leaders, and I went to Brookline, MA with Elder Croft (he was the guy in the picture mom) and then Elder Warner came down here to be with Elder Giordano. Basically it was just to help both companionships learn and grow from each other, and to see different ways of doing the work. I really enjoyed it, it's just really really hard to pray in English now. I basically translate the prayers from Creole into English when I need to pray in English, that's really weird.
While on that exchange, we met with this adorable little lady named vivian. Basically, there's nothing not to love about her but, she won't let you teach her. Instead she teaches you! She believes that jesus will come back in a space ship, with tennis shoes on and that god isn't anything, but he's everything at the same time. Super weird, but I was entertained. Ha.
So yesterday, was our ward choir concert.... We sang a grand total of TWENTY-ONE songs. It lasted about a 2 and a half hours and we didn't have the words for some of the songs. It was very interesting. But our investigator, Johnny came to church yesterday and he came to the concert as well. We hope that he at least felt the spirit. :P
| This is Fre Benjy's son, he's a champ! |
| This is Jude, if Braxton were Haitian he'd be this kid. So cool. |
| Haitian kids are the best, can't deny it. |
To finish up this week's email here's a funny quote from Elder Bourdeau:
(it's about 10:45pm, the lights are off and we're trying to sleep)
"Guys. Do you know what i'm really craving right now?"
"What?"
"In flight snacks. There's just something about food when you eat it at 30,000ft."
"Wait, what the heck? Hahahaha"
Super funny and random. I don't think he's wanting to go home, he just likes biscoff cookies I guess.
Have a very merry christmas and I'll talk to you next week!
Oh and congratulations to Riverton High on their Silver Rush efforts this year, that's amazing.
Elder Halling
No comments:
Post a Comment