I hope everyone had a fantastic christmas, I sure did! Skyping my family was a great time, was happy to hear that everyone is doing well.
So let's explain the title of this email:
Well, the unthinkable happened this past saturday night. We had T-Texts (transfer texts) where at the end of the transfer, the mission sends out texts to everyone saying if they've been transferred and if so, where they're going. Now, we pretty much knew that Elder Bourdeau was going to be transferred back to the english program. So he did in fact get transferred, and he's becoming a zone leader! So that's exciting. We didn't quite know what they'd do with Elder Coulson, we knew it was possible for him to move or for them to move someone up here, he was transferred to Brockton (another Haitian area). So we didn't really see that coming, but it makes sense. So after those two, Giordano and I assumed that everything would be fine and that we're just staying. NOPE. The next text "Elder Giordano (North Brookfield)" North Brookfield is an English area, and he's now out of the Haitian program. So then we were waiting to see who would take over Bourdeau and Coulson's area and who my next companion would be... THEY COMBINED OUR AREAS AND I'M LEADING THE ENTIRE AREA NOW. My next companion is Elder Davey, he seems like an awesome guy and I think we'll get along well. He's been out for 14 months I believe, he's coming up from Brockton. We were all so shocked though, it's like they dropped a bomb into our apartment!
So this next little bit is going to be insane, trying to get everything figured out with Davey and trying to schedule everything. Since we are now over both areas, we now have a grand total of 21 investigators. That's nuts. Not to mention all of the members that need to be seen on a regular basis as well... We have a lot of work to do. I'm scared out of my mind, but it'll be REALLY good.
Since we got those texts on saturday night, they leave their areas on thursday (tomorrow) so we've just been doing a lot of packing and stopping by and saying goodbye to people. I also went on exchanges with Elder Bourdeau and he showed me around their area and introduced me to some people that I'll need to work with now.
Pretty insane.
Love you guys so much! Thank you for all of the letters and cards that I got for christmas from family, friends and those in the ward. These next couple of emails will be jam packed, i'm sure!
Elder Halling
No comments:
Post a Comment