Let me start off by saying that having this much work is a blessing and a curse. I don't think I've ever been this tired in my life. We literally go from appointment to appointment every single day. We also picked up 2 new investigators this week, one of them being Siren, a lady we were teaching english to. I'll write about that story in a minute! And another was a guy that was brought to church by his friend! We didn't even see half of the people we needed to see this week.
| Our insane board of stuff we need to do and people we need to see. |
So let me talk about the miracle of the week, Siren, she's an older lady that heard we teach english classes so she wanted us to come teach her. The first time we went we didn't know she only wanted to learn english so we started the gospel discussions but she wasn't too interested. We still gave her a book of mormon and then started teaching english the next week. She's a slow learner and we've needed to be really patient with her, but she's making decent progress, we see her every saturday. This past Saturday, we stopped by to see her, and we started teaching her some more english and she stops us in the middle of the lesson and just says "I need to tell you something." "The lady that I work for (she watches this lady's kids 6 days a week) started being super demanding and told me that I can't come to learn english anymore." "But I told her it was so important and she wasn't willing to understand, she started being really demanding and treating me bad." "So I told her that I don't care, I need to learn english." "She said that if I leave right now, I can't come back." "And I left." At this point now in tears, she just explains that we've really been helping her a lot. So we brought up our lessons again, she accepted and then she tells us she's already read about 50 pages in the book of mormon that we gave her!! We couldn't believe what happened! She's now open every other day of the week and she wants us to come teach her more often!!
Now here's my funny story of the week:
Elder Davey and I hopped on the bus and there's this guy sitting across from us just staring us down. So Elder Davey just looks at him and says "hey how's it going?" and very promptly just says "Go to hell." a little bit of awkward silence and then he says "look, I'm not kidding. I'll punch you in the face right now. Someone just made me very upset. Talk to someone else." So Elder Davey just says "Okay! No problem." 3 minutes go by, the guy stands up looks Elder Davey in the eye and says "I like you. You're cool. God bless you." Then gets off the bus.
....
Wait. What? Ha. There are so many bipolar people that ride the busses. So weird! We were laughing pretty hard about it!
| 10 hamburgers for #3.90 .... missionary status!! |
So a lot of other stuff happened, but it's not too important. Mostly just seeing a ton of people! Oh and Elder Davey and I stopped by mcdonalds and used a coupon we found for 10 hamburgers for $3.90... we each got 10 and only ate 4. Nasty! Haha.
| Overwhelmed!! |
Pase yon bon semen.
Elder Halling
No comments:
Post a Comment