How's everyone! This week was a crazy week. Let me first start off with the changes that happened in the Haitian program last week.
We had a conference call with President Packard this past week and he basically just said "I want all of you to stay here on the phone and talk about every aspect of the Haitian program until all of the kinks are sorted out." So long story short, they took Brockton, MA back down to 2 elders, sent the other 2 up here to Boston (Elder Coulson's back!) and then gave the Cambridge Haitianaries jurisdiction over any investigators and members that live in Maldon, Everett, Cambridge, etc. So we've still got a ton of work here, but we have 2 other guys here helping us out! So now instead of splitting the area into east and west, we will share investigators and do all of our planning together. We're really excited about it and it should be extremely good.
Other than that, we had extremely low temperatures this week again. Since the temperatures are getting into the negatives and we're not in a car area we were almost red dotted again (meaning we can't leave the apartment). Luckily we never were and we pressed on in furthering the lords work! We've seen many investigators this week and eaten some strange foods (turkey neck and cow feet) and we've been doing really really well. We extended a baptism date to Siren which was turned down with a very firm NO. But, hey we'll work on it. Our other investigators that are coming along nicely are Babout and Selann they're sisters and they seem really interested in the gospel and they're willing to come to church as long as we can find them a ride. Our investigator, Johnny, still has not surfaced from the dark unknown. We can't get in contact with him, or if we do he says he's too busy to meet. The work is going well though, we reestablished contact with a couple less actives and now we'll be working with them throughout the week too!
Yesterday at church was ward conference and I was asked to translate for all of the 30+ white people from the stake (what?!) and I was so so so scared to do it but it turned out okay. I just did my best and I actually got many compliments from people after the sacrament meeting about my translating. I love this language so much. :)
We're doing great here! I sure would love some letters from some of my friends back home :)
M renmen tout nou. Pase yon bon semen.
Elder Halling
No comments:
Post a Comment