Like the title said, this week was INSANE!!! We never got a break! We basically have every missionaries dream, way too much work to do and not nearly enough time to do it.
--
We taught 15 lessons this week, picked up 2 new investigators, biked over 30 miles and never had time to even think about chilling.
It was crazy. But I am starting to adjust much better to this area, I love the members of the West Bridgewater ward. They are fantastic, so many just good people. Very loving and kind, especially for the missionaries.
We didn't teach as many Haitian appointments this week as I would've liked, but we still taught like 4 or 5! It was a really good week. We both got a little stressed out, we are like... well there's a list of about 500 things we need to do, but where do we start? Who had priority, who needs what, etc. It was crazy! We spent a lot of time talking about who needs what and where to start.
Oh! Couple crazy stories this week, first off. I got a tick bite on the back of my leg! I have no idea how, I just reached down and saw a sore. Picked at it for a second and then realized it was a bug! So out of surprise I quickly pulled it out of my leg, later realizing it probably wasn't the best thing to do. But, I got put onto an antibiotic and I think everything is okay, they just told me to keep an eye on it, make sure the sore doesn't get any worse. It's been a week now and no signs of worsening. So that's good. A little strange though, we're always in pants!
We had stake conference this week, the conference itself was good. But the cool part came afterwards, we were talking with one of the guys in the mission presidency, President Haight. We told him about our area, how it's a lot of work but it's going really well. He looks us square in the eye and says "We know your area is tough. We pray about you every night. Specifically your area. You are in the trenches, potentially one of the hardest areas in the mission." It was crazy, really an eye opener! We're using that as a fuel to work really hard in this upcoming week.
Taught a bunch of really good appointments, we picked up a new investigator named Rui. He and his wife Patricia are from Cape Verde, they are both extremely nice and we had a great lesson with them.
Other than that, lots of biking, planning, stop by's, dinners, everything! Everything is just booming here.
Anyways,
Pa janm bliye ke bondye renmen nou, e li vle pou nou fe volonte li. :)
Elder AJ Halling
56 Snell Ave #2
Brockton, MA 02302
No comments:
Post a Comment