Monday, May 19, 2014

New area, new companion, new everything!!

Sak ap fet tout moun?

How's everyone doing? 

Being transferred for the first time is a really strange deal. Especially since I've been in the same area for my entire mission. Weird stuff. 

But! It's good here. Let me fill yall in.
Wonderful families!! I will miss them.

Two members of my ward!!

Had a great time training Elder Ginnett!!

Man I love Boston!!
I heard about this place before I even came to Boston!! 

I'm in the West Bridgewater Ward, and we're serving here in the city of Brockton. Which we were filled in by a member last night that it is currently rated as the 61st most dangerous city in the world. It definitely feels like it too, going out at night is sketch. Lots of culture here though! So many people from Cape Verde, Haiti, and the Dominican Republic. 

My new companion is Elder Hodapp, he is a really nice guy. He's from Seattle, Washington, and he's been out 1 transfer longer than I have, and he's only been in the area for 6 weeks. So we've got a lot on our plate. There currently aren't English Elders here, so we're covering the Haitian work, the English work and we also need to visit any members that go to the Boston 3rd Haitian ward that live down here. 

The people in the ward seem really nice, it's just strange that it's not just a bunch of Haitians. It's good though, trying to get adjusted. 

Our apartment is just the 2nd floor of a New England style home, it's really nice. Hardwood floors, it's well lit and we have an AC unit :)

The weather this week has been crazy hot, we've been 85 degrees and up and very humid this entire week. Starting to sweat like crazy!! I'm just happy the cold is gone though. 

We have a car in this area, well a truck. We're driving a Chevy Colorado, and we have bikes in the truck bed. So once we're about a mile or so away from the appointment, we'll pull over and bike the rest to save on miles. We've only got 1100 miles each month and our area is really large. 

I'm the District Leader now, so basically it's my job to help out when I can. The other companionships in the district are awesome. 

This week was just packed with trying to get settled in, visiting members, trying to get things scheduled and figuring out where everyone lives. Thank goodness for the GPS :) 

Anyways, this upcoming week should be crazy! We're really excited. 

Pase yon bon jounnen!! A' la pwochen.

Elder Halling
The view from The Prudential!!

We ate in style .... occasionally!!

Three story Apple store building!!

No comments:

Post a Comment