Monday, December 1, 2014

Thanks-transfers?

Good morning everyone!!

This week sure has been an interesting one. 

Thanksgiving

For Thanksgiving, we went to the Lewis family house. I will attach a picture. Sister Lewis is Cape Verdean, and she made (SO MUCH) INCREDIBLE food. It was delicious. There was easily enough food there to feed 100 people, but there were only about 30ish. Most of whom were kids! We got stuffed! Afterwards, Elder Lee and I planned on going to the Odies's house, hoping to be able to eat some more food. Unfortunately, we couldn't. We were both SO STUFFED. But we hung out with the Odies family, and it was just fantastic. Overall, it was a great Thanksgiving. And look at it this way mom, next Thanksgiving, I'll be there with you!
Me and Sister Odie!! She is THE BEST!!


Transfers

This has to be one of the most intense T-Texts we've ever had. I have been in this area for 7.5 months now! Kinda crazy, right? So we usually have T-Texts at about 12:00pm on Friday, but due to Thanksgiving and transfers falling on the same day, we got them on Saturday night at about 10:15pm. 

I am being transferred to go work in the digital mission, I am not 100% sure of exactly what my work will be. But as far as I am aware, they already have about 60 investigators they are teaching over Skype, and have had several baptisms already! They are teaching people from all over the world (Russia, Italy, All over Africa, all over Europe, America, Brazil) I cant' wait! I am sad to be leaving the Haitian program, but maybe one day I'll come back.

#MBM100

This month, we went into the month with the highest number of people with a baptism date in 7 years in the Boston mission. I believe it was about 90 people on date or so. Part of the huge zone conference we had, was a giant training on how to retain baptismal dates. We all set a goal as a mission that we would baptize at least 70 this month, the previous 7 year record was 56. Sorry I haven't talked much about it until now, but everyone has been so excited in the mission, we've all been working like crazy as well!! So we had our "final count" phone conference last night, the MBM has officially baptized 100 people in the month of November. 46 more than that former goal of 56. If that isn't a miracle I just don't know what is. 

LETS GOO!!!


He is the Gift

So there is a new video from the church for Christmas, for those of you who saw the video for Easter called "Because of Him", it's similar to that, but about putting the "CHRIST" back into "CHRISTmas". 

We are encouraging EVERYONE we meet to go watch the video, and then share it with their friends, on Facebook, or other social media, ETC. 

So here's the link for you: http://mormon.org/christmas

Go share it! I have also heard that they will be including pass along cards for the video during this month's ensign, so get those out there too!

Outta Here

It was SO sad yesterday, the last Sunday I'll have here with my little Haitian group! Soeur Chauvet and Jadyah both started crying that I was leaving. So emotional. Took a lot of good pictures with some of my favorite people though, so I hope you will like them!

--

Have a great week everyone, I'll update you next week as to what the new area is like!!

PS. There are way to many pictures for me to explain every single one. But the ones that need explaining, there is Maguice, the raccoon. He lives in our yard (I am not joking) and he is HUGE. We finally got a picture of him on the deck outside of our window. 


And then the christmas tree, and elder lee putting up the lights - the Odies family asked us to do some service and decorate their house! I'd say we did alright!!



After that is just a bunch of people from the ward that I will miss!!











--

Elder Halling

No comments:

Post a Comment