This email is coming bit late, because we went to Boston this morning. It was great! We went to the temple with Josh, a really cool recent convert in the english ward. I got to see a bunch of my missionary friends, it was awesome! Afterwards, we went into the city and we ate some lunch, walked around for a little bit, and then we played glow in the dark monster mini golf. It was too cool for school. Good times!!
So yes, Elder Bastien got here on Wednesday, right after we had a meeting at the mission home with President Miller and all of the Haitianaries. We talked about the future of the Haitian program here, now that it's nearly a new generation of missionaries here. I put in my thoughts where I could, I am the oldest Haitianary here! But the future of the Haitian program looks very bright.
Thursday, Friday, and Saturday were filled to the brim with appointments and knocking doors. And the first of many miracles happened, we stopped a young Haitian lady in the street and talked with her for a minute. We talked about our message and invited her to learn more, and she gladly accepted and gave us her contact information. The next day, we called her and set up a time to meet! Unfortunately, she needed to cancel the appointment, but we invited her to church anyways. GUYS. SHE ACTUALLY CAME. AND SHE LOVED IT. I PROMISE, THIS NEVER HAPPENS, EVER. A street contact that just comes to church, not knowing a thing about the church. We are meeting with her tomorrow and she is really excited about it!
The next miracle, the cards just played out right, the less actives made good choices this week, the investigators followed through on their commitments, and the group leader made a big effort... resulting in 29 people at our group this week. Filled with less actives, non-members, and strong ones as well. It was fast and testimony meeting, and I think every single person in the congregation got up, even some investigators and some of the VERY less-active people. It was really powerful, and I think everyone there recognized that. The stake is really happy with what's going on, looking like we'll be a branch by the end of the year.
Fun story, a Haitian guy named Pierre is running for City Counselor here in Brockton, and we've talked with him a few times before. Well, we were driving by, and we see him and a TON of Haitians outside holding signs for his campaign trying to get some honks. We hopped out of the car and walked over and talked to some of the Haitians (they were mostly 7th Day Adventists) but just moments after a guy walks up and says "Wi, ou met kembe siy sa yo" haha, basically just like "yeah, hold these" and gave us the campaign signs too. So we just laughed and held them up for about 5 minutes. Let's just say, every Haitian that was there loves the missionaries now. It was super awesome.
It was a great week, I'll see if I have anything on my camera to send home.
For now, just working hard! Don't plan on stopping now ahaha. Love you all!
Ⓔⓛⓓⓔⓡ Ⓗⓐⓛⓛⓘⓝⓖ
No comments:
Post a Comment