How's everyone doing? Well, you know I'm not trunky, but it's worth acknowledging that I will be home 3 weeks from Friday. So that's cool. I'm excited to see my mom.
This week was kinda strange. Just nothing worked out quite like we wanted it to, or even planned it to.
A lot of people stood us up, canceled, etc. But it all ended up working out well, because we had 19 people at church. Of those 19 people at church, there were SO MANY less actives. It was fantastic! There was a less active lady there who I have never actually seen at church, meaning in my 11 months of serving in this area she hasn't come. So that was a miracle and she just really enjoyed herself.
Wednesday, we went on exchanges with the English Elders, I went to their area, and Elder Ching came to the Haitian program. Elder Hyer and I visited some of there investigators, and everything was great. I had a great time on the exchange.
Here's a funny, but true story that might give you a glimpse into missionary life:
Saturday morning. We wake up, we go play some frisbee (you know, get that exercise in). We come back, we shower, we start studies and prepare for the day. The day is stacked, we have appointments all day, and we are out of miles on the car. So we're walking, which is fine. We plan some killer lessons. We finish up studies, head out for the day. The first appointment, everyone is avoiding us. It's kind of awkward. Nobody is sure what to do. Eventually everyone actually comes to the lesson, we teach real quick, and then hop out. The next appointment is 3.5 miles away. She's not answering her phone. Do we go? Or not? We go anyways. An hour long walk. She's not there. Nobody is there. We walk back. We call our next appointment. Some lady answers the phone (not him) freaks out for us calling, and hangs up. We call again, she gets even more angry. Ok we're not seeing him today. We start walking back, when our next appointment calls and cancels due to an emergency at her house. At this point, we're just a bit discouraged and confused, but it was kinda funny. We say, just watch 7pm is gone too. Oh sure enough, they never show up. We decide to stop by some members who are always home, nobody is there. We go home. We're done.
It was just funny. Not a big deal, it happens. Just an example for you of regular missionary life.
I heard from a member in Boston 3rd that my recent convert, Marc is still super active. That made me really happy.
Just keeping strong here, finishing up training with Elder Jeske so he knows exactly what to do once I peace out.
On Tuesday we'll be put into a trio again. We'll have Elder Bastien with us, who is from... wait for it... HAITI! He will be with us for 3 weeks until I go home, and he and Elder Jeske will take over the area. There are two new missionaries who are coming in on Tuesday and they are needing to make some changes to accommodate.
Hope you have a great week!
Ⓔⓛⓓⓔⓡ Ⓗⓐⓛⓛⓘⓝⓖ














No comments:
Post a Comment