Monday, August 25, 2014

Awesome Week!!

What's up everyone! Sending off an email early this morning because we're going to the beach!! What up!!
The morning soccer crew!!

This week was so awesome.
We have the Haitian group every week now and it's starting to get some traction. We lined up 4 baptismal dates this week, all of them are Haitian, and it has just been great!
Here is a funny story, we are teaching this lady and her daughter (both are straight outta Haiti) and we asked them to say the closing prayer for the lesson for us. The daughter, who is 9 says "Oh! I'll say the prayer in English." We're like, oh! Wow! Yeah let's see it!! And she bows her head and starts very slowly... "I pledge allegiance to the flag.... of the United States of America.....and to the republic...." ...At this point we're just trying to keep a straight face, so we congratulate her on knowing the pledge of allegiance and then explain how easy prayer is. Then she gave one in creole and it was great. That was just funny.
I apparently no longer sleep-talk in English. It's just Creole now. For those of you that remember, I sleep talk ALL THE TIME. So Elder Hodapp keeps telling me that I am just going off in Creole like every night now. That's funny.
Close enough  :)

Jeff came out teaching with us a bunch more this week, and it was great! Jeff got interviewed for the Aaronic priesthood and passed, so he'll be receiving that next Sunday and then the temple is a week from today! Woo hoo!!!
The work is just going super well here.
Sorry about the short email, I just thought I'd stick in the important stuff. I don't think you really care what I eat for breakfast and stuff like that. (In case you do I ate cinnamon toast crunch and it was great) 
Yes this is an off-road wheelchair.

Pasè yon bon sèmen!!

Elder Halling

No comments:

Post a Comment