Sak ap fet moun pa'm yo?!
--
This was an incredible week for our recent converts.
We went to the temple 2 times in 3 days! It was so sweet! The first time we had an awesome opportunity to go with a recent convert named James to the temple so that he could receive his endowments. It was so great! He really liked it.
Here's the 2nd part. When we were finishing up in the temple, we ran into Rudy, one of the members in Boston that I was with all of the time, and I remembered that he was getting married that day! In like 20 minutes after we saw him! So he invited us to the sealing, and we were thinking we couldn't go because our ride was leaving. But we talked to our ride and they said no problem, we'll just wait out front! So Elder Hodapp and I got to see them get sealed! And since they were haitian, there were lots of haitian people there. Including a TON of people from the ward that I miss so much. It was awesome to see them. So since they were all haitian, there were some that didn't speak English, and I got to translate for them, the sealing in the temple! Woah! Haha
And then we also got to go yesterday, we were able to take Jeff with us to do baptisms for the dead! We did family history work with him and he was able to be baptized and confirmed for his Grandfather, great Grandfather, and his great uncle!! He was just pumped the entire time.
| Jeff and I at the temple! |
This past week in the group we had around 25 people there, sadly Elder Hodapp and I weren't able to be there because we gave talks in the english sacrament meeting. But it was good, because it ran without us! That is really good considering how young this unit is.
This past Tuesday we were in Cape Cod all day, we had interviews with President Packard. It was so awesome, he basically just lets us ask any questions that we have! I love President Packard. He is a very inspired man, the things he keeps coming up with to make our work more productive is unreal.
There was some really sad news in the district this past week. There is a senior couple in our district, and they called us early in the morning. We talked with them and they said there had been a tragedy in the family and they would like us to come over as soon as possible to give them a priesthood blessing. We rushed on down to their house and they both looked miserable. The Elder informed us that he had received a call that morning that his son had taken his life. We gave them both blessings and picked up their projects that they were working on, they flew home Sunday afternoon. It was so sad. So keep them in your thoughts and prayers, they will really need them.
It's weird to think that it's already September. I hit my 1 year mark in 2 weeks. We're gonna party hard. (Missionary style)
| These are our Sister Training Leaders and me at the beach. |
| A collection of all the hermit crabs we caught at the beach last P-day! |
Have a nice week everyone.
Go Utes.
Elder Halling
No comments:
Post a Comment