Monday, September 22, 2014

Hump Day!

How is it going everyone!!

This week was a fantastic week, we taught a lot, we had some great success, and we also celebrated for my year mark!

Crazy to think I have already been out for a year. Time flies, yo!

This past P day, we went bowling with the zone leaders up in this place where our areas touch, it was a great P day!


Investigators

Throughout the week, we made it a goal to teach 14 total lessons this week, we ended up teaching 15! We thought that was pretty good considering that it's been quite some time since Elders were able to focus on the Haitians! We also made a goal to pick up 5 new investigators we've been looking for. Funny thing is though, we didn't pick up any of those 5, but found 4 new ones along the way! 

Our investigator Naomie is doing really well, she now has a baptismal date for next month. She came to church again yesterday and was absolutely floored after she heard a lesson about how the gospel is designed to bring families closer and how the adults are designated to show their kids the way. We're excited to get over there soon and teach again! 



Year Mark Celebration! 

So I did in fact hit my year mark this past Thursday, it started off with an awesome package from home full of sugary goodness and a "hump day" shirt. Which I will of course be wearing for P day (after I shower... emailing after playing soccer is easier). We also went out to eat with the portuguese missionaries, I'll attach a picture of it! We went to a Chinese buffet that I heard was good, sadly though... it wasn't. It wasn't TERRIBLE, but when the chicken and fish both taste the same, there has to be something wrong... We capped off the celebrations after a few lessons by going to the Odies' house for the ceremonial celebration of hitting a year. 

Fun fact, this week was the first time I have ever eaten shrimp! Not that I was avoiding it, I literally think I have just never been offered shrimp! It was tasty though. I enjoyed it. 


 
Haitian Group News

This week was another awesome week with some more exciting news, we had ALL 3 HOURS in creole! Sacrament meeting, sunday school, priesthood and relief society! It was awesome!!! Everyone is just super excited. We had 30 people there again, but we did have many we didn't have last time, so we just need to get EVERYONE there. Make sure that happens. 


Well everyone, I hope you all have a great week. I tried to take more pictures this week, I feel like it was a success. So enjoy!


--

Elder Halling




No comments:

Post a Comment