Sak ap fet? Dèyè mon, gen mon!!
--
I'm back everyone. I'm writing to you from Brockton, Massachusetts. My home. My people. My pride and joy.
This week has been absolutely insane. Very busy, because even though T-Texts came on Monday, we weren't transferred until Saturday, and the work doesn't stop. We kept working hard until the very last moment. It was good stuff.
Friday, we had a farewell meeting with the Packards. It was pretty sad. Saying goodbye to them was pretty hard, but I know that I'll be in touch with them forever. They're just my second parents, so it's all good! They first taught us about the importance of the Sabbath day. I learned a ton. We dug in depth into the sacrament prayers, talked all about renewing covenants, how important keeping the day sanctified was. It was super impact. Afterwards, we talked about change and adjusting to new things, the Packards bore their testimonies, and gave us all hugs, and then we left.
![]() |
| President and Sister Packard are absolutely AMAZING!!! |
Saturday was transfer meeting, and there are at least 30 missionaries headed home. Some of my good friends! It was sad to see them off, but wow. It was hard to say bye to the Packards. They will definitely be missed.
Shortly after the transfer meeting, we came back to Brockton, made some chili dogs, and did some planning. I just wanted to get a feel for how everything is going, what's new in the area, who's still around, and what our focuses should be. That, combined with a meeting we had with the Bishop yesterday, we have some solid work ahead of us.
Saturday night we did some pass by's (I love stopping by people's houses, I literally haven't done that for 8 months). And we taught an investigator named Jean. He's an awesome dude, he's been here in the US for about 2 years now. He works at a garage as a mechanic, and he really likes the church, but he just hasn't been coming... haha, so we taught all about keeping the Sabbath Day holy, what it entails, how to make it better, and most importantly, why he needs to come to church. Hopefully that helped him learn some things, because he definitely showed up to church yesterday, and he brought a friend!
Sunday was the group, after the group we did some studies and then met with a lady named Taina. She basically asked us to help her align her life with what God wants her to do.... (yeah... I think we can help you with that one ;]) We had an awesome lesson all about the Restoration, we taught a bit about the Bible and the Book of Mormon. She loved it, she wants to read the scriptures. She wants to come to church. We'll see where this takes us, but it was a lot of fun. She also has a little son, who's only 1 year old. You know how those Haitian babies are. They're real cute.
Men, mwen kontan anpil pou m te retounen bak nan Brockton ankò. M konnen legliz sa se legliz Jezikri, e se li menm ki dirije li.
Love you all!!
Elder Halling
Ⓔⓛⓓⓔⓡ Ⓗⓐⓛⓛⓘⓝⓖ


No comments:
Post a Comment