Hey everyone! This week has been really good. Mostly because we had set a date with Melchizedek and it's been the spiritual high that has taken us through the lows!!
--
Monday (P day) was so sweet, we went to a national park that's nearby and we went hiking. I was so mad I forgot my camera! It wasn't much of a hike, more like a walk. But It was sweet, everything was really green, lots of ponds and rivers and stuff. I liked it a lot.
We invited Melchizedek to be baptized and he accepted a date for July 6th, so pray for him and pray for us that we can continue helping him progress! He's doing really well, he was supposed to come to church yesterday, but he never made it. He works for the Department of Defence, so he can basically get called in whenever he's needed. But as far as we know we still have an appointment with him tonight.
So this week was great, we met with a member named Rene, he's getting ready for the temple. We were going over and he asked if we'd help him out with his family history work. So we started by gathering documents and seeing what he had, he didn't know he had much but he had records for every member of his family going back to 1610 or something around there! It was INSANE. He was so excited to see the family tree just go father and father back. Really cool. Oh PS, I've been working on family history of my own. Turns out I'm Danish on both sides of the family! But my dad's side (the Halling name) is straight from Denmark, but then my mom's side can be traced back to England, Denmark, France, you name it. Really sweet. I've gotten both of them to go back a lot further in the past.
Friday we had a Zone Conference, where multiple zones meet together. It was AMAZING. President Packard came and spoke for about 3.5 hours on the "Who, what, when, where why and especially how" of personal revelation. He taught everything he knows to us, how to seek it for ourselves, our companions, our areas, our investigators, everything. Reeeaally spiritually powerful. Spending about 30 minutes praying before the mission seemed impossible, now I understand and it's really powerful. Always a topic I wanted to know more about.
After Zone Conference, I went on exchanges with Elder Annofils again, it was sweet. I was able to interview their investigator who is prepared to be baptized this upcoming Sunday. It was a fantastic experience, she's an awesome lady. Cool stuff!
I think that's about it this week. I forgot my camera. So yeah, sorry about that. But anyways, have a great week!!
Elder AJ Halling
56 Snell Ave #2
Brockton, MA 02302
No comments:
Post a Comment