Everyone! How are you all doing?
--
This week was fantastic! We've got some great news, transfers are this week. We found out Friday about the changes to the fishbowl... not only are Elder Vecchi and I staying for another round...(6 Months with Elder Vecchi! So awesome!!) but we're getting another companion! We'll be in a trio with Elder Gonzalez, from Mexico. We're so excited! And that's not it! We're also getting sisters back into the fishbowl! Sister Caceres from Chile, and Sister Weber who I believe is from Utah. Either way, the fishbowl is absolutely STACKED for this upcoming transfer. We're got some hard working, creative, focused missionaries here. It's going to be fantastic.
So remember how this past transfer we've been training all of the Zone & Sister Training Leaders? Well this week we had an opportunity to take about 2 hours at MLC (mission leadership council, where all mission leaders discuss how we'll help our mission progress the work) to do a training ALL ABOUT THE DIGITAL MISSION. So we trained in front of about 70 people, and just ran through the ins, outs, ups, and downs of digital missionary work. Talked about all of the fundamentals, and then to put the cherry on top - we challenged everyone in the room to get a Skype before the training was over. Almost everyone did it! There were only about 4 companionships who didn't pull it off. And really they just weren't lucky. Wasn't there fault.
Now here's a quick disclaimer, I'm REALLY not trying to toot my own horn here.... but President Packard came up to Elder Vecchi and told us how proud he was of us, and how he really liked how professional our training turned out. It really meant a lot to us, I think there are many miracles that are involved with the fishbowl, and it feels nice when hard work pays off. Brother Orgill summed it up the best, "The missionaries in the fishbowl put everything to use they already know, and what they don't know... the Lord teaches them REALLY FAST." It's so true.
How'd everyone like #LDSConf and Easter?? Here in Boston, it was so awesome! Plus...
THEY'RE BUILDING A TEMPLE IN HAITI.
Do you understand what this means?? I am sure I have told a lot of you, but there are many reasons the Lord called me to this mission. Some of the most important are learning Creole, and serving in the digital mission. But I really do feel like I was meant to take skills I've learned here back to Haiti. I want to help build the church down there, serve wherever I can, and help make the country better. That's my dream. The announcement of the temple yesterday just sealed the deal, I need to go to Haiti. (sorry mom :P)
All of the messages in conference were fantastic. I really did love it. It's crazy how much they stressed the family and marriage between a man and a woman. The Prophets and Apostles really do know what's coming, you know? Another key theme I really saw was not letting one doubt unravel your entire faith, and building upon the rock of Christ.
I think my favorite talks were Jeffrey R. Hollands, and Dieter F. Uchtdorf's in the Sunday morning session. They were so great. I can't wait to get my hands on that conference Ensign, it will be a great studying project!
Conference is great, it pumps you up, shows you where you're falling short and how to correct, gives you hope for the future, and strengthens your faith in the Savior SO MUCH.
It really was an awesome week.
Love you all so much!!
Have a good one.
Ⓔⓛⓓⓔⓡ Ⓗⓐⓛⓛⓘⓝⓖ
No comments:
Post a Comment